Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day three

As I sit in the near quiet confines of my now nearly evacuated room, I'm able to get into the mindset to be able to finally write. Between the emotional conflict that is constantly running inside of me as I try to figure out how I indeed do feel about this country and how I feel about the people here I am able to enjoy certain moments as they come and go.

Besides unintentionally labeling myself as a nerd in Judaic History class, I'm able to enjoy everything that I'm learning. So far we've begun by learning some basic gamatria, it's really cool actually, all those letters having numeric value, and the rules along with it. Going to the archeological dig was pretty cool as well, despite my fears of being crushed to death and no one ever hearing me or saving me only to be found by some archeologist many years later and being discarded as unimportant. I was able to find what I believe to be a femur of an animal. My theory is that the room we where searching in was used as a food storage room or a slaughter house. I was identified as a great classmate (I knew the answers to all the questions the teacher asked as well as many other others. In hebrew class I've found that so far it's reletively easy, I'm in level 5, there are 6 levels. With a whopping 6 other classmates, 7 counting myself, I have a strange feeling that I won't actually be in this class for to long, we're starting in the middle of our book anyway. I once again proved my a nerd using vocabulary that most kids didn't understand. Unfortunately I don't know the past tense very well, and so I can't move up a level yet. Algebra went really well, there are 9 kids in my class, and as far as I can tell from the syllabus we're covering a lot of stuff that I already know. That's good though, my teacher (Jen Gold), is really cool, she teaches things in a way I pick up really fast....in song! I now have a song to remember things like the quadratic equation. I haven't had chemistry yet I go to that very soon though and I'm actually really excited for that.

Between missing everyone at home, peeing 5 rivers a day, and helping everyone else feel good about themselves and being used as a therapist while I actually IM, facebook chat or e-mail other people, things are okay. Homework is really light for right now....I say that very cautiously though. Tomorrow we go to the kotel for Shabbat, we're still spending it on the kibbutz, and unlike our trip to the archeological dig where I found out that after you drink 2 and a half liter's of water, if you feel like you have to go you HAVE to go, I now know that I will be using the bathroom every time I get the chance.

Anyway, last night as I complained I found peace with the cool wind blowing all around me, the stars shining above me, and the spirit of Israel all around me whispering "it's going to be okay" in my ear, G-d wrapping his/her arms around me like a protective blanket or a shield there to help me through the tough times.

Well I will have more to tell you later and in about an hour or two I will be on again. I've got Chemistry class soon and then I'm done for the day. I can do my homework in peace and quiet and talk to you as well without anyone else there to bother me! I love you all and will talk to you all later.

Leheetraot!