Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day Two

So at the moment, my emotions are getting the better part of me. I'm holding it all together, or at least trying to. I have about an hour until I need to go meet my general studies teachers. I also have to go get a bunch of stuff changed because it says I'm in all three of the classes that I pulled out of, I'm not sure though, but I'm getting it taken care of.

We prayed weekday morning shachrit today, and it was the best thing of my life. There were so many moments of the day that just made me feel like I was where I needed to be at the right time. Starting out we began singing a niggun that no one knew what so ever, but within a few moments the room was filled with over half of us struggling to learn it and singing along with the guitar.

I'm gradually making more friends...kind of. I'm not doing so well at it, I'm not quiet, just a lot of people already know each other and aren't exactly working on making other friends either.

I got put in the highest intermediate class, I'm the closest to being put into the advanced class. I'm really proud of myself the teacher told me that I spoke really well, and that she can tell I understand at the level of an advanced student I just don't have enough vocabulary to get there.

It's so beautiful out here. I woke up this morning at about 4:30am, and just looked outside, my room has a view of Jerusalem, and I watched the sunrise and said a shehechianu. I sneezed 3 times, Katie told me to make a wish, and all I could wish for was that you guys were here. I can tell that I'm starting to become homesick. It feels like camp, but at the same time I can tell this wasn't what I thought it would be. It's so much more, and I haven't even gotten to the half of it just yet. I've not taken any pictures yet, I'm going to do that tonight I think, but I've been in a lot of pictures.

I'm the only Heather in the group, the official count in 119 kids. All of my counselors are amazing. We're taking a field trip tomorrow to the archaeological dig tomorrow I think, but I could be wrong.

I'm attempting to not cry right now. I don't know why I'm going to cry, but I know that emotionally I'm so overwhelmed.

I found out that the kibbutz produces safety glass, which is good cause I run into a lot of things, so at least I know I won't break anything.

I've been doing a ton of walking and my tushy is killing me! I'm going to have buns of steal when I get home.... fun! Anyway, not much of the great life changing blogs yet. I'll probably write one tonight or tomorrow or sometime this week. So that's my update for right now as of my break today!

I love and miss you all way more than I would ever normally admit to.

Don't worry daddy, the guys still see me as a wall flower and as someone who's funny and apparently the only person who can sow and mend clothes.... I've already made about 5 repairs to jeans, sweaters, shirts...etc. okay time to go calm down and see if any of you are on-line and talk to you if you are!