Sunday, June 27, 2010

Accepted and lost....

I got accepted. That moment that should have been filled with laughter and excitement my parents simply sat there and looked at me with blank expressions and said, "If that's what you want Heath." . I was excited, I was happy, I wanted a hug and to be told congratulations that I was accepted. I wanted some recognition that I'd done something right...or at least not something wrong....then my parents sat me down and told me that my behavior shows that I'm clinically depressed...or something like that. They say that I'm isolating myself...that I'm exhibiting behavior that isn't healthy and what not. I'm sad, yes, I'm tired yes. I'm not isolating and the fact that I do what I do, well I don't know what to tell you but I just want to find a way to be happy. I don't know, I'm just tired and want to sleep all day. Again I know not healthy but what ever, who cares, I'm 18 yrs old for crying out loud! Most 18 yr olds don't wake up till the crack of noon or 3 pm! Maybe it's because I'm the oldest, maybe it's because I really am messed up, maybe I should be institutionalized. Who knows! I sure don't...I just keep accepting who I am and move on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment