Thursday, June 10, 2010

Staring me in the face.

What I thought was going to be a....interesting to say the least, concert ended up being the concert that I think I found myself the most. Nashama Carlebach, is probably one of the most amazing people I've ever heard sing, speak, be in the able to experience. I thought Jews couldn't do gospel, I know we've got soul but lets face it we're not usually any Jennifer Hudson's or Whitney Houston's! I thought anyone who tried to combine Christianity and Judaism was going Jews for Jesus for sure. But that wasn't the case, and as I sat there with my own problems in my head and as I did I started to listen to her, the baptist church choir not backing her up but helping moving the audience just as much. And from her I understood, that it doesn't matter where you're from, what religion you follow or what you believe to be right or wrong, but that if we don't all start making peace with each other and understanding the it doesn't matter who or where you're from that until there's peace among us all we can't make peace in the world too. I realized that I may have my disagreements with Judaism but that's okay, we all do. But more than anything, without Judaism and music I feel empty and because of that I have to become a Cantor, it's what I was meant to do. It's what God intended me to do. I can't not help others to learn how to raise their voices in prayer and help them to find what they're seeking for. And it was staring me in the face this whole time.....silly me!

No comments:

Post a Comment