Friday, May 12, 2006

School

We all go to this place for most of our lives. We seem to spend more time here than we do at home, we hate it, we like it, we loathe it, we love it. It's school, in the closed confines of the different buildings that we call school, we figure out who we are. We learn things that we think are useless to us, but really the will help us in later life. We study how the guys or the girls act because secretly you want to be that one special girl or guy who knows just why the guys are looking at the girls funny or why the girls keep giggling and looking at the guys. Neither of us are quite sure why we do this but we do. The rules that seem to be imprinted in us, yet we don't know wat they are. We follow the "popular" kids who later on in life will turn out just like all of us. We joke around saying that we're going to marry rich or that our parents will support us, but we're all worried on the inside, we all know that we want to be successful. The girls play dumb and the guys play macho. We compete with each other trying to see who is the best at whatever. In the end at graduation day we will all see that we're all alike yet different. I don't know how we are alike and different yet, but I know that my time is comeing soon and fast to learn why. I know that in my heart this is the truth, and the way I act is affected by those secret rules imprinted on me that many generations before me and after me have followed. This is what we do, we follow and we lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment